Organic food is high-quality food obtained from plant or animal products that are produced in the Organic farm system, i.e. one that avoids the use of chemical plant protection products, artificial fertilizers, growth regulators, feed additives. These are safe products, Rich in nutrients, containing more Vitamins, minerals and other valuable ingredients than products obtained in a conventional way. They don’t provide any toxic chemicals and are a guarantee of a good, natural taste, free of additives such as flavor enhancers.
ORGANIC FOOD – METHOD OF PRODUCTION
It is worth emphasizing that organic food is produced without the use of genetically modified organisms and is not exposed to ionizing radiation. These are also products whose negative impact on the environment is maximally limited or completely eliminated.
WHAT STANDARDS ARE APPLICABLE TO FARMING FARM?
Organic production is a farm management system that combines the best practices for the environment, a high degree of biodiversity, protection of natural resources, ensuring animal welfare and the use of natural production methods. The Organic farm controls the entire production method, not just the final product.
The quality of products depends on both Environmental conditions and the way they are made.
On such farms :
- synthetic plant protection products (Pesticides, fungicides, herbicides, etc. ) are not used, in order to combat diseases, pests and weeds, first of all, proper crop rotation as well as biological and agrotechnical methods are used;
- multi-hectare monocultures are avoided, but crops are grown in small fields, separated by protective crops and barriers from trees and shrubs;
- reservoirs and watercourses are left in the cultivated area, and even new ones are being built instead of the total drainage used so far;
- green manure is widely used, especially from leguminous plants, which in combination with compost, manure and with the help of liming allows to maintain soil structure and fertility at the correct level;
- hay and silage are prepared according to biological patterns;
- no active substances such as antibiotics, hormones are used in the feeding of farmed animals, and the feed used comes from its own farm (with known properties);
- the animals are bred in a so-called litter system, resulting in manure rather than liquid manure.